Re: [Emerald] Suddenly cant add accounts

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:36:35 -0700

Malcolm Joosse wrote:

> Hello List,
> We have been using Em/RNT for 6 months with no problems.
> Today I added another account and I got an error " SQL Error Adding Main
> Account " Then about 5 lines starting with " INSERT Master Accounts
> (Reffered By, Firstname, :Lastname, ETC.)
> I rebooted the server and it made no difference. We are only using 63
> Master accounts, and have had no authentication problems.
> Please help as we need to add another user to our system.

In preferences, turn debug mode on and see what the actual SQL
error is. Also, you might want to run the checkdb.sql script
against your database. It will correct any identity problems,
that can typically cause account add failures.