Re: [Emerald] Work on SNMP Concurrency Checking

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 18 Apr 2000 13:55:02 -0700

Josh Hillman wrote:

> From: NCKCN <ttuttle@nckcn.com>
> > Okay, pretty much confirmed that SNMP will work only running in debug
> mode.
> > Is this possible? When I run as a service, I get users "hung" and denied
> > service even with SNMP all set up correctly. I stop the service, run as
> > radius -x31 and SNMP Concurrency works perfectly. Any ideas?
>
> Drop the radntmib.dll into your \winnt\system32 directory, then stop/restart
> RadiusNT and see if it works then. You can do that or specify the "Data
> Directory" and "Acct. Directory" settings in RadiusNT Admin. Unless you
> have that one file in the system path somewhere, it won't work unless it's
> in the "Data Directory" path setting. Also, go into the RadiusNT Admin
> under Advanced. There are two SNMP options there. I know we had to have
> both of our selected to get ours to work correctly (we're using Ascend MAX
> 40xx machines).

You actually need the mib.txt to be either in your path or the working
dir
of RadiusNT. If RadiusNT can not find that file, it will disable SNMP
functionality. As a side note, if you leave you data directory blank in
the RadiusNT admin, when you start RadiusNT as a service, its working
dir
is your system32 dir, and it will not be able to find its config files
(including the SNMP files). You should ALWAYS set the data directory
in the RadiusNT admin first thing.

radntmib.dll is used by the NT SNMP service to gather SNMP information
from RadiusNT. It does not need to be in the system32 directory, and
you define the full path to it in the SNMP configuration. RadiusNT
itself does not use the radntmib.dll directly, but the radntmib.dll
does communicate with RadiusNT for SNMP stats.