Re: [Emerald] Work on SNMP Concurrency Checking

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Mon, 17 Apr 2000 08:53:24 -0700

NCKCN wrote:

> I think the On-line looks like it gets the AcctStatusType not the
> AcctSessionID. The manual states that any online user is set to
> AcctStatusType of 1. The last user not still connected is AcctStatusType of
> 2. However, I have found that my online users can be set to AcctStatusType
> of 3. I don't see anything in the documentation what an AcctStatusType of 3
> is. So I do this query to find all my online users:
>
> Select ServerID, Port, Username, AcctStatusType, CallDate
> From ServerPorts
> Where AcctStatusType<>'2' and Username<>''
> Order by Username
>
> then do this to clear the "hung" user:
>
> UPDATE ServerPorts
> SET AcctStatusType="2"
> Where Username='x'
>
> My question is what is an AcctStatusType of 3?

Its an accounting update packet. Cisco uses them to send the IP
address of the sesion, since it doesn't have the IP address during
the initiall accounting start request.

Also, the value for AcctStatusType would not be in quotes, since its
a number.