Re: [Emerald] odd links in payments table

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Tue, 04 Apr 2000 10:41:44 -0700

Ben Conner wrote:

> At 01:35 PM 4/3/00 , you wrote:
> >Ben Conner wrote:
> >This is covered in the changes.txt file for 327 and higher (see below).
> >The original query defined in the 303 section has additional information
> >about this as well.
>
> To fix the rows in the payment, I set the invoiceid field to null for those
> entries that fell outside the timeframe of the payperiod for that
> client. Are there any other repurcussions that might cause?

You really should run the SQL Script in the changes.txt file. It
will correctly set them all. From your above, they will just
get all set again during the next invoice creation for that
customer.

> On a related note, the Previous Balance appears to be 0 for all
> invoices. That appears to come from the previousbalance field in the
> invoice table. Is this something that is still broken? How is it supposed
> to work?

AFAIK, it works fine. The Previous Balance is the Balance on the
account before the Invoice was created. The only time its not
set from there (ie, its 0) is when you do a manual invoice (which is
different from a manual renewal, which does bring in the balance).