Re: [Emerald] error in log

iml@interconnect.net
Mon, 07 Feb 2000 20:40:29 -0600

On Mon, 07 Feb 2000 12:14:34 -0800, you wrote:

>iml@interconnect.net wrote:
>>=20
>> Any other ideas on the connectivity issue? The server is on the same
>> local net as the NASs, in fact, everyone authenticates fine. It is
>> only with accounting packets. The ODBC connection checks out fine as
>> well when Testing on setup (in the control panel).
>
>What kind of terminal server? What are you timeouts set at?
>What if your ODBCTimeout registry setting?
Ascend Maxes, Timeouts set at 10
I am not sure what the ODBCTimeout in the registry is set to I would
have to look at that. I changed tempdb back out of RAM and things
appear to be working ok for the moment. I don't understand why that
would cause the problem though since tempdb has been running in RAM
fine for months and months...this problem just started. I was showing
the insert into the calls table as a blocked process in Enterprise
Manager.