RE: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5 Invoices

Ronnie Franklin ( (no email) )
Mon, 7 Feb 2000 20:46:26 -0600

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF71AC.6708B240

When you find out how to have FULL control over what your client has his
computer set to and what Email program he is using let the rest of us know..
as that is the ONLY way that you will ever have full control over how the
Email invoice looks on the customers computer or printer...

If you have CR7 I will send you what I have done and I think it comes very
close to the best that can be done....

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of Jeff Hopkins
(RadAdmin)
Sent: Monday, February 07, 2000 7:46 PM
To: 'emerald@iea-software.com'
Subject: [Emerald] Emerald 2.5 Invoices

Hi,
I am having trouble getting a decent CCreceipt or Email invoice using
Emerald 2.5 and CR6. The HTML invoice is a great ideal but the final email
format it still is very unpredictable. The text email format is terrible.
I have spent more time tweaking the Crystal reports invoice and CC receipt
reports, the two I currently use, then my entire time setting up and using
Emerald. It is hard to come across as a professional business with
unreadable invoices.

There needs to be a way to let me have full control over the final look
of the email. Could I extract the invoice info from the DB myself and email
it in a presentable format? Why would you use CR? Isn't there a simpler,
more user controllable way to do this? Perl or something?

Thanks,
Jeff Hopkins

Default Emerald CC receipt email. (truncated paragraph, missing date,
etc.)

---      The following credit card was processed by Agalis

Authorization Name: Darrin Dailey Last Four Digits: 7306 Billing Address: 954 Riverside Dr.

Request Date: Amount:$17.50

The following credit card was processed by Agalis Internet billingdepartment. If you have any questions, please contact Jeff. 429-2701

Authorization Name: Darrin Dailey Last Four Digits: 7306 Billing Address: 954 Riverside Dr.

Request Date: 2/1/2000 Amount: $17.50

------=_NextPart_000_000B_01BF71AC.6708B240Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1"Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD W3 HTML//EN">Emerald 2.5 Invoices

When=20you find out how to have FULL control over what your client has his =computer set=20to and what Email program he is using let the rest of us know.. as that =is the=20ONLY way that you will ever have full control over how the Email invoice =looks=20on the customers computer or printer...

If you=20have CR7 I will send you what I have done and I think it comes very =close to the=20best that can be done....