RE: [Emerald] Problems with Manual Invoices

Bernard Andrys ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 15:23:39 -0500

Try a query like this to deactivate expired accounts:

UPDATE dbo_MasterAccounts INNER JOIN dbo_SubAccounts ON
dbo_MasterAccounts.CustomerID = dbo_SubAccounts.CustomerID SET
dbo_MasterAccounts.Active = 0, dbo_SubAccounts.Active = 0,
dbo_MasterAccounts.Comments =
[dbo_MasterAccounts]![Comments]+0x0D+0x0A+'12/29/99, bja, deactivated
expired account'
WHERE (((dbo_MasterAccounts.Active)=1) AND ((dbo_SubAccounts.Active)=1) AND
((dbo_MasterAccounts.maExpireDate)<#10/1/99#));

It deactivates anyone who has been expired since 10/1/99 and adds a comment
in the master account so if you look at it later you know what was done.

Versions older than 2.5.294 also had a problem created phantom MBR's. You
can find them with this:

SELECT dbo_SubAccounts.Login, dbo_SubAccounts.AccountID,
dbo_SubAccounts.CustomerID, dbo_MasterAccounts.LastName,
dbo_MasterAccounts.FirstName
FROM dbo_MasterAccounts INNER JOIN dbo_SubAccounts ON
dbo_MasterAccounts.CustomerID = dbo_SubAccounts.CustomerID
WHERE (((dbo_SubAccounts.Login) Is Null));

I was able to free up several hundred accounts this way.

btw- I did this in Access97 so the linked Emerald tables all have the prefix
dbo_