Re: [Emerald] External System LDAP Sync.

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Fri, 21 Jan 2000 11:26:08 -0800

Axel Drogoin wrote:

> At 08:23 21.1.2000 , you wrote:
> > We are working on LDAP support, but I don't have a time frame for it.
>
> I'm afraid i can't wait. I don't want to setup all the email accounts by hand.
> is there a way to export/email the user data including the mail aliases
> and mail forwarding addresses?
> I will write a little perl program which parses the email sent by emerald and
> inserts the data into the LDAP database.
> Has someone already written such a program?

If you have an LDAP server and are familiar with LDAP, contact support.
They might allow you to get EmerSync and use it. We have it in
production at several large sites, but its not a polished thing.
It takes some hand-holding to setup.