RE: [Emerald] SENDING EMAIL PROBLEM!

Billy Huddleston ( (no email) )
Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:49:05 -0500

Imap ALWAYS has killed my machine when I use it.. I keep it disabled, but, I
think it might be because it's going through each mailbox making special
control files.. I'm not sure, but you might want to check with mailsite
about this.. Try turning the imap service on at night when no one is really
using it and let it run and see what happens after a few hours.. (giving it
time to update all the mailboxes)..

Thanks, Billy

-----Original Message-----
From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of PowerNet
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 12:55 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: [Emerald] SENDING EMAIL PROBLEM!

I am using Emerald and Mailsite 3.4.6
I just upgraded from 3.4.5 to 3.4.6 last week.
Since then I have had a few problems:

1 Slow mail server
Mail is the only thing running on this 450mhz/128MB nt
machine. Response seems to lag even opening folders. After
re-booting, the machine seems OK for a while. After looking at
running services in qslice it seems IMAP is what is killing the
CPU. If I stop the IMAP service it seems to clear up. That is
NOT a solution!

2 Clients having trouble sending mail
Some Outlook Express clients are having trouble sending
mail. They are getting error messages saying that the senders
address has been rejected.
Any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks,
John