RE: [Emerald] SENDING EMAIL PROBLEM!

Nathan Haywood ( nhaywood@whro.org )
Wed, 19 Jan 2000 15:54:21 -0500

We've been having problem the same (first) problem ever since we upgraded to
3.4.6. We only have a few thousand accounts on the machine (about 1 gig in
the mailboxes) and IMAP brings our dedicated PIII-550 w/ 512MB of SDRAM to
it's knees about every other day. Stopping and restarting IMAP fixes it for
another few days, until it happens again.

Nathan Haywood
WHRO Systems Engineer

-----Original Message-----
From: PowerNet [mailto:psc5@powersupply.net]
Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2000 12:55 PM
To: emerald@iea-software.com
Subject: [Emerald] SENDING EMAIL PROBLEM!

I am using Emerald and Mailsite 3.4.6
I just upgraded from 3.4.5 to 3.4.6 last week.
Since then I have had a few problems:

1 Slow mail server
Mail is the only thing running on this 450mhz/128MB nt machine.
Response seems to lag even opening folders. After re-booting, the machine
seems OK for a while. After looking at running services in qslice it seems
IMAP is what is killing the CPU. If I stop the IMAP service it seems to
clear up. That is NOT a solution!

2 Clients having trouble sending mail
Some Outlook Express clients are having trouble sending mail. They
are getting error messages saying that the senders address has been
rejected.
Any ideas on how to fix this.

Thanks,
John