Re: [Emerald] Proxy Radius

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Wed, 12 Jan 2000 10:40:20 -0800

marcus@redcentre.com wrote:

> - we can validate successfully and log start and stop records BUT we
> dont seem to be able to assign IP addresses to the remote clients
> (framed-address=xxx.xxx.xxx.222)

Do you have an agreement with them to do this? Assigning a
static IP to a roam user requires (or assumes) that they are
dialing into a NAS that supports the IP you are assigning (ie,
that IP is routable to that NAS).

> - we also have the problem with the remote sessions not being
> displayed in the calls on line view" but I understand that this
> has/will be fixed - anyway this is the least of the hassles!

Well, this is more complicated. I would recommend NOT putting
their NAS in your servers list, and just using the roamports
extensions. You'll see them on-line then. The following
script enabled roam ports to be viewed on-line (when used
in conjunction with Emerald 2.5.322 or higher).

ftp://ftp.iea-software.com/Emerald/sql/roamports.sql