Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT3 + Cisco AS5300 VoIP Gateway

Peter Deacon (peterd@iea-software.com)
Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:16:30 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 01:16:30 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
From: Peter Deacon <peterd@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] RadiusNT3 + Cisco AS5300 VoIP Gateway

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004, el_phish@yahoo.com wrote:

> Dear All,

> I am still happily using Radius NT v. 3.185 for our ISP dial-up
> services. Is it possible to use RNT3 to record call data records for
> calls terminated to our Cisco AS5300 VoIP gateway? Any idea where I can
> get some info to configure this?
> Or do I need a different radius server suited to the Cisco AS5300 as a
> VoIP gateway?

You just add columns to your Calls table corrosponding to the RADIUS you want to record as they are named in the dictionary ('-' excluded). When RadiusNT is restarted it will pick up the new columns and start recording data for them.

Starting with RadiusNT v5 we have added Cisco VOIP specific parsing to allow multiple string AVPairs to be recorded in separate columns for example:

Cisco-AVPAir = "h323-conf-id=abc123" Cisco-AVPAir = "h323-return-code=0"

With RadiusNT 3 you would add a column 'Cisco-AVPair' and the contents inserted into that field in the Calls table is 'h323-conf-id=abc123' ... Data in the second attribute is ignored.

With RadiusNT 5:

You just add two columns 'h323confid' and 'h323returncode' and their respective values 'abc123' and '0' are recorded.

Peter