[RadiusNT] proxy radius in RadiusNT V2.5

Andrew Clarke (ajclarke@techinfo.com.au)
Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:25:04 +1000

Date: Thu, 10 Jul 2003 19:25:04 +1000
From: Andrew Clarke <ajclarke@techinfo.com.au>
Subject: [RadiusNT] proxy radius in RadiusNT V2.5

Hello people, I hope someone can point me in the right direction here.

I am using radiusNT V2.5 on Win NT server SP6a (and have done for 6 years or so having upgraded from V1.xx around y2k time). It records/logs in ODBC mode to an Access 97 database.

I need to 'accept proxied radius' requests from another ISP for an aDSL service I wish to provide.

The Radius requests come from 3 different servers external to my network which I have entered into the 'servers' table of the Access97 database. The authentication seems to work and returns the packets but the accounting is not returned as successful. A copy of the error message is at the bottom of this mail. As near as I can tell, this error relates to the NAS Identifier shown being an IP address for the actual NAS accepting the call from the customer's adsl modem which then forwards the request through to us via a third party. The IP on the request in the NASIdentifier field is not the IP address of the proxy radius server generating the request. (which is listed in the table). I need it to be that of the third party.

Q1: Does V2.5 do 'proxied radius requests' ie. accept requests for authentication/accounting from other Radius servers. The manual seems to talk about sending requests for processing but not receiving?

Q2: Is there a 'how to' do what I am asking in the manual (I have a copy of a Word document of the manual which looks like a 'first cut' version) or is it available on the website somewhere?

Regards, Andrew Clarke Tech Info P/L Melbourne, Australia

  radrecv: Request from host cb16fb55 code=4, id=252, length=97

      User-Name = "ajctest"
      User-Service = Framed-User
      NAS-Identifier = 203.63.154.1
      NAS-Port = 1234
      NAS-Port-Type = Async
      Acct-Session-Id = "00001234"
      Acct-Status-Type = Start
      NAS-Port-DNIS = "123456789"
      Caller-Id = "987654321"
      Acct-Delay-Time = 0

   SQL Statement: INSERT INTO Calls

(CallDate,UserName,UserService,NASIdentifier,NASPort,NASPortType,AcctSession
  Id,AcctStatusType,CallerId,AcctDelayTime) VALUES
  (Now(),'ajctest',2,'203.63.154.1',1234,0,'00001234',1,'987654321',0)

  ODBC Error:23000:-1613:
   [Microsoft][ODBC Microsoft Access 97 Driver] You can't add or change a
  record because a related record is required in table 'Servers'.

  Resp Time: 20 Auth: 56/0 -> 56 Acct: 112/11/0 -> 123