RE: [RadiusNT] Redirecting Inactive Customers

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:00:53 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [RadiusNT] Redirecting Inactive Customers
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:00:53 -0700

> Can anyone offer any assistance on how to use radiusnt/sql7
> to hand off
> ip's. The radius docs are quite limited in the discussion of ip pools.

There are three tables you have to add entries to:

ServerGroups – Create A ServerGroup and one or more Servers with that
        ServerGroupID

RadIPGroups – Create a RadIPGroup and one or more RadIPAddresses with
        that RadIPGroupID

RadIPAccountTypes – This table ties ServerGroups, RadIPGroups and
        AccountTypes together. You need any entry in for atleast each
        ServerGroup. You can least AccountTypeID and RadIPGroupID
        NULL to cover all AccountTypes/IPGroups or any combination.

If you are not familar with SQL Server, I'd recommend looking at Emerald Express. It has a full web front for managing all the User and RADIUS database information and we offer upgraded from RADIUS to Emerald Express. Please contact our sales group for more information on Emerald Express.

Dale