RE: [RadiusNT] Redirecting Inactive Customers

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:44:43 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [RadiusNT] Redirecting Inactive Customers
Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 14:44:43 -0700

> I have e-mailed IEASoft twice, with no response so far.

Actually, we responded both times with our standard response. Email and Phone support is reserved for support contract customers. You can contact our sales department to open a per-incident support request if you do not have a support contract.

> Can anyone offer me any guidance in this matter, even if only a
> web page of information, or to tell me that it cannot be done.

> Terminal Server: 3Com Total Control
> RadiusNT 4.0.8
> Platypus 3, on SQL 7.0

There are basically two ways to do this. One is to use some sort of IP filtering so that users assigned in a certain IP range (like 192.168.100.x) are filtered to a webserver. This requires either a multi-homed box between the 3com and the internet or a smart router that can redirect traffic based on the source).

Optional, if the 3Com can re-route web traffic via a filter, configure the filter on the 3Com and assign the filter to expired users.

Dale