RE: [Emerald] How to setup RadiusNT/Emerald to work with a port providing service.

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:39 -0800

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] How to setup RadiusNT/Emerald to work with a port providing service.
Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 10:32:39 -0800

> Does anyone have an updated way to do this with Emerald 4.5 and
> radiusNT 4? I found an older one here:
> http://www.iea-software.com/faqs/emerald25/proxy-incoming.html
>
> but it is for 2.5.

That document shows you how to setup your domain to strip the domain part off the authentication request.

All you need to do is define the port provider's RADIUS servers
(they usually give you a couple of them) as Servers. First create a new server group in the Emerald admin for the port provider (to keep things organized). Then create a server for each of the port provider's RADIUS servers under that server group. Once done, restart RadiusNT to load the new servers.

In V4, there are settings per server to trim the domain for auth and accounting. Those settings replace the above URL information for trimming a domain on incoming authentication. Much simpler, although you can still do it the old way if you want. :)

Dale