RE: [Emerald] radius inside or outside firewall

Vilmos Branyik (vbranyik@piopc.com)
Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:15:46 -0700

From: Vilmos Branyik <vbranyik@piopc.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] radius inside or outside firewall
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 2004 16:15:46 -0700

Monica,
  I have mine running inside of a Linux Firewall allowing TCP and UDP traffice on ports 1645 & 1646 and it works well. I only allow traffic from my dial up servers through it.
  Matt

 -----Original Message----- From: Monica Zimmerman [mailto:monicaz@pinehurst.net] Sent: Tuesday, February 03, 2004 3:12 PM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: [Emerald] radius inside or outside firewall

Hi,
  RadiusNT - where is this preferred - outside or inside firewall?  I am unable to get it working inside firewall due to authentication.  Outside I could install on a windows server that has some web sites running on it.  Would this be recommended or not?
  Thanks, Monica