Re: [Emerald] Upgrade to 4.5.6

Peter Deacon (peterd@iea-software.com)
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:38:14 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)

Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 10:38:14 -0800 (Pacific Standard Time)
From: Peter Deacon <peterd@iea-software.com>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] Upgrade to 4.5.6

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Nada wrote:

> Hello,

> Can you tell me why do we need to save the registry and restore it while
> installing the new version ?
> Does it have any specific reason ?

When the current version of Emerald is uninstalled, several system configuration options (Mostly RadiusNT settings) are removed with it.

Exporting the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\IEA tree before uninstalling your current version allows you to save the trouble of having to reconfigure RadiusNT.

take care, Peter