RE: [Emerald] Upgrade to 4.5.6

Ronnie Franklin (ronnie@itexas.net)
Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:31:37 -0600

From: "Ronnie Franklin" <ronnie@itexas.net>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Upgrade to 4.5.6
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 11:31:37 -0600

Most likely a "safety" measure.

I installed 4.5.6 prior to the announcement, and thus did not follow the proceedures they outlined.. I just made sure I had a good backup of the hard drives and ran the upgrade right over the top of the old version. Worked fine, no problems at all on Emerald. Did have a problem with upgrading Radius.. I ended up having to basically uninstall the old one and install the new one.

I have had no problems with the new Radius or Emerald since the upgrade. I am running Modus 3 and authenticating mail users via the Emerald database.

Ronnie