Re: [Emerald] prorating and payment information

Monica Zimmerman (monicaz@pinehurst.net)
Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:10:25 -0400

From: "Monica Zimmerman" <monicaz@pinehurst.net>
Subject: Re: [Emerald] prorating and payment information
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 14:10:25 -0400

Thanks!
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Dale E. Reed Jr.
  To: emerald@iea-software.com
  Sent: Thursday, August 21, 2003 1:51 PM

> Is there a way to map a payment to a specific deposit?? To
> know that if a bank deposit comes back with an error, etc
> we can say these specific payments for these customers were
> on that deposit. Kind of like Quickbooks does, only we're
> not using Quickbooks for the customer detail information anymore.

  Unfortunately, Emerald doesn't track the deposits. You could
  print out the daily payments report and use it. There is also
  a new payments report that allows you to input a date range
  so you can look at past days as well.

> Will it pro-rate an additional month? IE, it's Aug 21 so
> when person signs up it says they owe $7 for rest of August
> and then 21.95 for September...

  You define in the billing cycle how far in advance to bill.
  If the customer's next month if within that time frame, it
  will do both. For example, if you bill 15 days ahead and
  the customer signs up on the 3rd, it will pro-rate the month,
  and NOT bill for the next month until the 15th of the month.
  However, if they signup on the 20th, it will pro-rate the
  rest of the month and bill for the next month.

  Dale

  This is a user supported list. If you require assistance from IEA Software's
  Support Engineers, please check out our Support resources at
  http://www.iea-software.com/support.