RE: [Emerald] prorating and payment information

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:40:46 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] prorating and payment information
Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 11:40:46 -0700

> Still researching the upgrade to 4.5 from 2.5. I noticed
> a column in payments looking like a GLentry, which I think
> might be for general ledger entry? What I'm looking for is
> a way to mark payments that go into a bank deposit so all
> can be tracked to a specific deposit date and bank. ANy ideas?

The GLCodes are for GL Reporting into an accounting system. You can assign GL codes to most accounting types in Emerald (service types, Charge Types, Taxes, etc) and then run a report to summarize each one. I posted some updated GL reports and such in the Emerald Printing/Reports forum (www.iea-software.com/forums).

> Also, when adding a new customer, will 4.5 auto prorate the
> amount due? IE, 21.95 a month and we always want to collect
> the rest of current month plus the next month in payments.
> Is there a way to set that up?

Yes, it will pro-rate as long as the billing cycle for the MBR is not an anniversary.

Dale