RE: [Emerald] Batch Credit Card Export with Authorize.net

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:52:04 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Batch Credit Card Export with Authorize.net
Date: Wed, 9 Jul 2003 12:52:04 -0700

> Thanks Dale. I'll look into your comments more carefully.
> However, you said,
> "Secondly, and most important, under Batch, External, there is the failed
> transactions list. This list is the Credit Card and ACH transactions that
> needs your attention. Ignoring it or not resolving entries in it
> can cause
> problems with future transactions."
>
> With a program having the power of Emerald, why on earth would it require
> constant manual attention to a failed transaction list?

It doesn't. You can configure Emerald to retry the cards x time on a y interval. You can ignore the declined cards and (if in Renewal config) the accounts will stop working and you loose the customer. However, you still need to close out the accounts and clean up the cards. The Failed list is your key to managing credit cards. As powerful as Emerald is, the mind reading module for it is still in beta. :)

> You also said, "For example, looking below, you have a ETrans on 4/30 for
> the account.
> I'm guessing the account was behind, and therefore on 5/1 tried to
> bill for the next cycle."
>
> The account was only behind because either Emerald or
> Authorize.net failed.
> It sounds to me that using Emerald is going to require constant
> and regular
> manual attention. Yet somehow this does not seem like the intent nor what
> promotional material says.

I guess my question to you is how you would prefer for these situations to be handled? Emerald 4.0 made a lot of assumptions about CC processing that was causing people to double and truple bill customers. The additional checks were implemented as a direct results of customers wanting them in there. We are open to suggestions and opinions and how you would like the software to work.

> Maybe I'm missing something here. If so, how do I find all the details on
> configuring Emerald to do everything automated, including notifying me via
> email when any charges don't go through or credit cards are due to expire?

Emerald doesn't notify you via email. It notifies the customer. Your interface to Emerald is the web interface rather than Email.

Dale