RE: [Emerald] Using ICVerify w/AVS and Emerald 2.5

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:25:46 -0700

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Using ICVerify w/AVS and Emerald 2.5
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:25:46 -0700

You really should upgrade to Emerald4. :) All this in configurable in Emerald4 and much easier to work with. The support for Emerald 2.5 stopped last year. I can only offer suggestions for it.

> I still cannot export info from IC Verify in the format that Emerald 2.5
> accepts. The error message I receive is "There were 1 errors 0 Duplicates,
> and 0 Unknown transactions processed. Delete batch file
> anyways?". Is there somewhere were I can find out what the error is?

There is a ccbatch.txt file that will have each line imported and what the error is. Its in the working directory of Emerald.

> Do you have an example of a .txt file that Emerald will accept
> for ICVerify?
> Maybe I can tweak the ICVerify export file, but I don't know what
> Emerald is looking for.

...Line 1.... 06/04/03,14:56:34,123456,A 123456,blah,blah

Field 3 is the PS2000 code, field 4 is the status and approve code.

> The Appendix continues to say: "The second line must contain at least six
> fields.comma delimited. Fields 1 and 2 are the process date and
> time. Field
> 3 is the response code and filed 4 is the response code. If the first
> character of field 4 is "A" then the transaction was approved"
>
> Field 3 and 4 are the same? What is in fields 5 and 6? IC Verify (my
> version 3.0 , at least) does not reply "A" for an approved transaction. It
> replies "Y".

More to the point. Emerald 2.5 was written for IC Verify 2.5. I don't know if Emerald 2.5 supports IC Verify 3.0, and the formats can not be changed. I'm guessing they changed how IC Verify works in 3.0 and its different than IC Verify 2.5. :(

Dale