RE: [Emerald] Emerald/SQL Help Please!

Jeffrey M Donley (jeffd@lmf.net)
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:32:14 -0400

From: "Jeffrey M Donley" <jeffd@lmf.net>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Emerald/SQL Help Please!
Date: Thu, 17 Apr 2003 06:32:14 -0400

John, This article explains the memory usage in SQL.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321363

What you are describing seems normal for sql 7.0 and 2000. Does this happen just on your roam ports? I am assuming that your wholesale ports have different radius servers forwarding requests to yours. If this is the case I would double check and make sure you are getting stop requests from them. Regardless, it seems that the problem is stop requests not being received.

Jeff

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com]On Behalf Of John Kern Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2003 5:24 PM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: [Emerald] Emerald/SQL Help Please!

Using NT4/SP6, SQL7/SP3 Emerald/RadiusNT 2.5

We have our own ports and we have wholesale ports. In the online screen the wholesale ports show up as roam when the user is online.

The server has 384MB RAM. If the server is re-booted, the roam users log on and off just fine. After approx 2 days the roam users don't get logged off(they are not connected, but Emerald online screen still shows them online), at which time the task manager shows sqlsvr.exe using approx 360MB of RAM.

Is there something in Emerald that can be changed to solve this problem? I really do not want to have to reboot every 2 days.

We have been running Emerald for a long time and this has never been an issue until the last 6 months. I have finally taken the time to start tracking down this problem and now it seems as though it is something related to memory.

ANY IDEAS????

PLEASE HELP!!!!

ÿ Thanks,

John Kern PowerNet Communications www.powersupply.net 419-822-3988 Dial-Up, Wireless & Satellite Internet Domain Registration & Web Hosting Nextel Cellular & Accessories