RE: [Emerald] Postponing Statement Generation

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:49:42 -0800

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Postponing Statement Generation
Date: Wed, 13 Nov 2002 09:49:42 -0800

> Does anyone know of a way I can postpone statement generation when an
> account is created? I am trying to make a 7 day free trial period work.
> The master and sub accounts are created through scripts on an online
> signup. Modifying the createdate of the MBR makes the service dates
> proper, but Emerald still generates a statement the next day. Has
> anyone tried this, or does anyone have any ideas?

Statement creation is based on an invoice being created (among other things). You'd have to postpone the invoice creation, which would be the bigger challenge. Usually you bill 15 days or more in advance, so postponing invoice creation the first time would be pretty tricky.

The only way I could think of would be to create a billing cycle with bill days set at 0, the switch the billing cycle to another one after the first invoice creation. It would take some custom stored procedures ran from the scheduler to do it, though.

Dale