RE: [Emerald] Em 4.5 email batches bomb

Dale E. Reed Jr. (daler@iea-software.com)
Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:25:13 -0800

From: "Dale E. Reed Jr." <daler@iea-software.com>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Em 4.5 email batches bomb
Date: Fri, 8 Nov 2002 11:25:13 -0800

> I think we have reported this before, perhaps twice.. but it is
> real nutso and really needs fixed.
> When we process billing, we can not enable the e"mail invoices to
> customers" function, it emails some then bombs, and leaves us in a
> mess.
> About 2/3 of our customers elected for email billing, and now cant
> get there bills, its really a nightmare.
> ????

Hopefully you are sending statements rather than invoices? :)

Run the web server in debug mode (emerwebsrb -debug 255) and see what the debug gives for the problem. The invoices/statements are marked as sent as it goes, so I'm not sure why it bombing out would cause it to be in a mess (just restart it). Also, the 4.5.2 update includes a better email status that lets you see whats going on in more detail and logs everything. Check your Emerald log (under reports) for errors as well.

Dale