RE: [Emerald] Still trying to use Radusers.exe

Barry Kiesz (barry@nvc.net)
Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:47:47 -0600

From: "Barry Kiesz" <barry@nvc.net>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] Still trying to use Radusers.exe
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2002 11:47:47 -0600

Thanks for the reply.. Comments are below...

Sincerely,

Barry Kiesz Northern Valley Communications

I have mine set for plain text, unless someone e-mails me in HTML, then it turns around and formats html.. I know, it bugs the hell out of me too. BAD HTML, BAD!!!

> > 1. There is no spacing between the 1st record
> > and 2nd (the only instance of that) and
>
> I'll take a look at this. I believe there may be a
> newer version as well.

I just that was weird. It's the only record that did this..

> > 2. user-service and Framed-Protocol are "1 and 2's".
> > Any way of spitting out the actual words? If not,
> > we'll just convert it with a "find and replace"
>
> This is perfectly fine and just makes the file smaller.
> Since its NOT meant to be read/edited by humans, its
> preferred. It actually saves RadiusNT times parsing the
> file and having to do DB lookups on the words, since it
> really needs the numbers (which RadUsers puts in there).

We actually need to run this on another RADIUS system (little experiment we're running), so I think we need the names.. We can do this ourselves for the time being. I can understand why you shorten it up though, 6MB to 200K, not bad!