RE: [Emerald] USR Total Control - Framed Route - Radius

Network Operations (admin@isoc.net)
Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:31:21 -0400

From: "Network Operations" <admin@isoc.net>
Subject: RE: [Emerald] USR Total Control - Framed Route - Radius
Date: Fri, 18 Oct 2002 09:31:21 -0400

sorry, went home for the night!

Yes bri is given a framed address then at the hiper-arc an add route statement is used to route a /30 or /28 etc to the bri's ip. Then one of the IP's in the subnet is bound to the ethernet side and the rest are used on the network, or their proxy server, etc.

The hiper arc usually saves the routes and rebuilds them when the user reconnects but now it is acting stupid and forgetting to rebuild them :( So I was wondering how to have radius issue the routes to the hiper-arc.

John

-----Original Message----- From: emerald-request@iea-software.com
[mailto:emerald-request@iea-software.com] On Behalf Of Billy Huddleston Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 10:26 AM To: emerald@iea-software.com Subject: Re: [Emerald] USR Total Control - Framed Route - Radius

How are you setting it up?

USR<--->BRI<-->ETHERNET

Does the BRI Get a IP? Or Are you assigning it to the ethernet side? We Assign stuff to the ethernet side and it'll route the whole thing to it.. Works for NAT and Non-Nat setups... and you don't waste your IP's on assigning stuff to the Interfaces.. We only do Interface routing on T1's. If you MUST assign a IP address to the Interface (In this case the BRI) then you have to do the formentioned Framed-Route method.. But, the other method works very well..

Thanks, Billy

----- Original Message ----- From: "Network Operations" <admin@isoc.net> To: <emerald@iea-software.com> Sent: Thursday, October 17, 2002 10:02 AM Subject: RE: [Emerald] USR Total Control - Framed Route - Radius