Re: [NTISP] Blacklist for SMTP

Lamar Townsend ( (no email) )
Mon, 25 Oct 1999 07:46:17 -0500

David,
It is http://maps.vix.com/rbl. I checked it for his mail server and did
not see it. Looks like the admin of the mail server must have just added
him to the "deny mail from" list or something. That is the first thing I
was thinking since MailSite, which I use, rejects alot of mail due to RBL.
I kinda wish they had a counter so we could tell exactly how many.

Lamar Townsend
lamar@shuttle.com

"David Payer" <david.payer@ia-omni.com> on 10/25/99 07:48:55 AM

Please respond to ntisp@iea-software.com

To: ntisp@iea-software.com

cc: (bcc: Lamar Townsend/SCOC)

Subject: Re: [NTISP] Blacklist for SMTP

>From what I can tell there must be some sort of block on my mailserver, if
>there is what is it?
>How do I get off the band list ?
>I think I have fixed the relay problem that was caused by a SPAMer a few
>months ago.
>Thank you
>Malcolm

I had one of my servers put on the Real Time Blackhole list for a short
period because it was (at that time) allowing fairly open relaying. I had
tighten it up and they took me off.
There are many mail servers out there that have a plugin for the RBL and
they automatically shut them off (I use VOPmail and it has that as a DLL).
You may need to find out (sorry don't remember the URL off the top of my
head, you will have to search for it.)
David Payer
OMNI Internet