Re: [NTISP] IIS 4.0 Security with FP2000

Adam Greene ( (no email) )
Thu, 7 Oct 1999 11:03:57 -0400

Regarding how to lock down specific folders as write only on a FTP virtual
directory, I would try doing this:

With Windows Explorer, right click the FTP folder in question, select
properties. Choose the Security tab. Add the user to whom you want to give the
"write only" permissions. When you have to choose "type of access" for the
user, select "Special," and then make your custom selections. For example, you
can uncheck all of the boxes except "Write."

While I was doing this very quickly just now, I noticed that I couldn't choose
the "Special" access type from the "Add Users and Groups" screen. I had to
first add the user, with, say, "Change" permissions, and then once I returned to
the "Directory Permissions" screen (where all of the users appear to whom I have
given permission for the folder), I could then modify the "Change" permission to
the "special (write only)" permission.

Good luck!!

Adam