RE: [NTISP] Back Orifice and BO2K Ports.

Andrew Moss ( andrew.moss@integra-t.com )
Sun, 1 Aug 1999 23:57:38 +1000

There are the default ports but if the hacker/cracker has half a brain the ports can be changed within the client setup program

Andrew Moss

-----Original Message-----
From: Rudy Komsic [SMTP:rudyk@cyberglobe.net]
Sent: Sunday, August 01, 1999 5:38 AM
To: ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: [NTISP] Back Orifice and BO2K Ports.

Hello,

I was wondering what ports does Back Orifice and BO2K use? We would
like to
set within our main router to block off any communications to those
ports to
protect our clients and ourselves in case any of our computers do get
infected.

Even trojans like these can be blocked at the router level if they use
static ports.