Re: [NTISP] Need info on making Hybrid (ISO-9660/Mac) CD's

Will LaSala ( will@greennet.net )
Tue, 20 Jul 1999 09:30:13 -0400

We do this here.
This is what we found.
We tried to burn it on a PC first and we found that if you copied the files
to a PC over an NT network the files became corupt and un readable from the
mac.
So we ended up buying Adaptec Toast (A great program) for the mac and
putting our CD-R drive into it. Once we did that everything burned just
fine. We Would burn in the order of the windows 9x/NT then windows 3.x then
Mac.
Hope this helps
----- Original Message -----
From: Richard Fink <rfink@worldpassage.net>
To: <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Sent: Monday, July 19, 1999 5:35 PM
Subject: [NTISP] Need info on making Hybrid (ISO-9660/Mac) CD's

> Does anybody here have experience with the creation of Hybrid ISO-9660/Mac
CD's. We want to make our own distribution CD's from the current IEAK for
the PC and Mac. It seems the CD Writers are always sold with PC OR Mac
software with no consideration for creating for both markets. My questions-

> - Should or must I use an external CDR so I can connect the SAME writer to
the PC and then the Mac, to avoid tracking errors in writing ?

> - Is there any software that can create these Hybrid CD's from ONE machine
?

> - Any place on the net where I can find detail information on "how-to" ?
>
> Please feel free to include any personal tips on this, and email me
privately so not to abuse the others on this good list.