Re: [NTISP] Browser automation

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Fri, 4 Jun 1999 15:32:44 +0800

Well, you can download wget from somewhere on the net. It is a command-line
browser.

Then you can call this command from a UNIX box's CRON daemon every X
minutes.

Another solution would be to simply use RoboHTTP ( see
www.serverobjects.com )

- Danny

----- Original Message -----
From: Juergen Weiss <weiss@wwweiss.de>
To: <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Sent: Friday, June 04, 1999 3:25 PM
Subject: [NTISP] Browser automation

My primary webserver (NT IIS4.0) is colocated with my upstream provider and
due to the firewall I only can connect through http. ftp is not possible.
The typical website administration is done with Frontpage which works pretty
well with no major problems.
Now one customer wants to upload a few small ascii files every 5 minutes.
And of course this should happen automated on the customer site. I have
installed the SA-Fileup ASP-component so I can upload files with the
browser. But how can I automate the browser activities on my customer site?
Is there any way to write some batch files which can call specified URLs,
click OK-Buttons, ....

TIA
Juergen
Weiss Internet Services