[NTISP] SOLVED !! Netserver modem firmware upgrade

Danny Sinang ( (no email) )
Sat, 22 May 1999 15:45:29 +0800

I discovered that the modem firmware can only be loaded into the Netserver
16 via the GUI based Netserver Manager software.

However, it seems Netserver Manager works only in a Windows 3.x environment.
It's modern-day counterpart is the Netserver Manager Plus which only works
with version 4.x Netserver firmware.

So here's what I did :
1. Upgraded my firmware to 4.1.7
2. Ran Netserver Manager Plus
3. In Netserver Manager Plus, I upgraded the modem firmware to 1.0.8 (v.34)
4. Downgraded my Netserver firmware back to 3.3 (which works and is stable)

And to my delight, all modems now connect at 33.6 Kbps .

Anyboy got news on when and where to get analog modem firmware for V.90 or
X2 ?

- Danny Sinang