RE: [NTISP] Realtime smart NT backup

majordomo@essex1.com ( (no email) )
Wed, 28 Apr 1999 13:50:59 -0500

Hi;
Vinca software has a program call Co-Standby Server for NT. You connect
two NT servers together with dedicated 100Mb network cards and the backup
server will mirror the other in the background. It allows you use the
backup server as a workstation as well. When the main server goes down the
backup resets itself to take its place (at least it is supposed to). We
haven't tried it yet but it sounds good. The software retails for around
$4000. Vinca's website is www.vinca.com .

Good Luck :)

At 08:20 AM 4/26/99 +0100, you wrote:
>We've got a similar system, except we had to go all out and get an Alteon
>ACEdirector, which is a hardware solution and about =A39000! =20
>
>If you have any luck, I'll be interested!
>
>Rgds,
>
>James.

R. Laughlin
Majordomo@essex1.com