Re: [NTISP] Realtime smart NT backup

Adam Greene ( (no email) )
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 10:23:23 -0400

Another solution to consider is a "standby server." =20

See www.vinca.com -- select "Products" on the left and choose WindowsNT. =
=20

Good luck!
Adam
-----Original Message-----
From: John Barrett <john@asacomp.com>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Date: Saturday, April 24, 1999 1:26 AM
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Realtime smart NT backup

If you can stand the cost, upgrade to NT Server Enterprise and enable =
replication
and load balancing. I'm told by my peers in the industry that except for =
the user
that is in process at the time of the server failure, no one notices =
when one of
the pair of servers go offline. The user that was in process simply =
needs to
"refresh" and will re-establish his/her connection. We are are about to =
implement
this solution at my office and if anyone is interested in the outcome, =
let me know
and I'll update those who ask, how it goes.

Just another potential solution....
John Barrett