Re: [NTISP] Realtime smart NT backup

John Barrett ( john@asacomp.com )
Sat, 24 Apr 1999 00:21:13 -0400

If you can stand the cost, upgrade to NT Server Enterprise and enable replication
and load balancing. I'm told by my peers in the industry that except for the user
that is in process at the time of the server failure, no one notices when one of
the pair of servers go offline. The user that was in process simply needs to
"refresh" and will re-establish his/her connection. We are are about to implement
this solution at my office and if anyone is interested in the outcome, let me know
and I'll update those who ask, how it goes.

Just another potential solution....
John Barrett