Re: [NTISP] MS OE dot-termination patch available for 3.1.2 Post.Office

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Wed, 17 Mar 1999 16:50:14 -0500

From: Dave P. <dave@tgic.net>
>I'm glad to see that PO is resolving the problem with OE,
>however, I have a customer I recently
>switched to Netscape communicator 4.0 and guess what... same
>thing. She is hanging on
>large emails around 10k. They are always from AOL. Is it a
>conspiracy?

Have you ever looked at the message file on the mail server before deleting
it? I'd bet that virtually every one of those bad files contains garbage at
the ends of several/all of the lines of text in the message body (=20) and
other funky stuff. We noticed this with quite a few messages originating
from AOL users.

Josh