Re: [NTISP] Post.Office / Outlook Express issues

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 15 Mar 1999 19:30:07 -0500

From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
>The problem with Outlook Express is that when it sees a single . (period)
on
>a line all by itself then it things it is the end of the message.. so it
>quits retreiving the Email...
>
>For 3.5.3 included a function that will replace the single period with a
>space. This function can be enabled with a registry entry...

I've never encountered (knowingly) this problem. I just sent myself a few
messages with nothing but a . on a line but received them with my OE with no
problems (PO 3.5.3 223). At the same time, others still have problems with
OE fitting the scenarios that I mentioned in my previous message ("=20" and
other garbaged in the message body) that are unrelated to the single dot
issue...

Josh

see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html