RE: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office

Kevin Coveney ( (no email) )
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:30:27 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BE6D66.6BC7CAA0

Here's my two-cents....

I bought I-Mail about 1 year ago, installed, loaded, configured, forgot
about it.

We too are a small ISP, and our focus is on small to medium size businesses.
Almost
all of my customers use their own domain names. We run IMAIL using virtual
IPs for each
of our customers and all works fine. The admin interface is easy to
understand and can
be picked up in a few minutes if you are familiar with the NT environment.

Sure there are things I would like to have improved, like a better web-admin
interface, but
I use PCAnywhere and accomplish the same thing (yes, it is a little slow
when dialed in
but can't complain to much when I'm in-house). How about a snap-in for MMC ?

For the price you can't seem to beat it. I haven't upgrade to the new 5.x
version yet, heard it
was a little buggy, but almost all software is when it's released. Even
Microsoft has bugs in
Win98 that have roots in the original releas of Win95. Normally we wait for
the early adopters
to find all the bugs anyway, when I trial it it will be on a test server
anyway.

(Taking a breath)

In summary, No one program will be all to everyone and cost less than a
lifetimes earnings.
Take your needs, evaluate them closely, and try the trial versions. I know
IMAIL has one
available. If you install it, try it and like it maybe it's the prodcuct for
you, then again maybe
you will hate it. To each their own.

I'm hopefully that someday I too may outgrow all the products that we are
using today. ;)

-Kevin
From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 1:01 PM

Understand..

I have installed their "patch" for the "." problem.. but that does
not solve my problem.. so I believe the problem is with Post.Office.. other
proof is, that the same customer can go to a ISP that is NOT using
Post.Office and get the exact same file that he could not get from me..

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BE6D66.6BC7CAA0

Here's=20my two-cents....

I=20bought I-Mail about 1 year ago, installed, loaded, configured, forgot =about it.=20

We too=20are a small ISP, and our focus is on small to medium size businesses.=20Almost
all of my customers use their own domain names. We =run IMAIL=20using virtual IPs for each
of our customers and all works fine. The admin =interface is=20easy to understand and can
be picked up in a few minutes if you are familiar =with the NT=20environment.

Sure=20there are things I would like to have improved, like a better web-admin=20interface, but
I use PCAnywhere and accomplish the same thing =(yes, it is a=20little slow when dialed in
but can't complain to much when I'm in-house). How =about a=20snap-in for MMC ?

For=20the price you can't seem to beat it. I haven't upgrade to the new 5.x =version=20yet, heard it
was a little buggy, but almost all software is =when it's=20released. Even Microsoft has bugs in
Win98 that have roots in the original releas of =Win95.=20Normally we wait for the early adopters
to find all the bugs anyway, when I trial it it =will be on a=20test server anyway.

(Taking a breath)

In=20summary, No one program will be all to everyone and cost less than a =lifetimes=20earnings.
Take=20your needs, evaluate them closely, and try the trial versions. I know =IMAIL has=20one
available. If you install it, try it and like it maybe it's the =prodcuct=20for you, then again maybe
you will hate it. To each their own. =

I'm=20hopefully that someday I too may outgrow all the products that we=20are using today. ;)

-Kevin
From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>
To:=20 ntisp@iea-software.com=20 <ntisp@iea-software.com>
=Date:=20 Saturday, March 13, 1999 1:01 PM
Subject: RE: =[NTISP]=20 Imail vs post-office

Understand..

I have installed their "patch" for the ="."=20 problem.. but that does not solve my problem.. so I believe the =problem=20 is with Post.Office.. other proof is, that the same customer can =go to a=20 ISP that is NOT using Post.Office and get the exact same file =that he=20 could not get from me..

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01BE6D66.6BC7CAA0--