Re: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office

Dave P. ( (no email) )
Sat, 13 Mar 1999 15:15:35 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_00D0_01BE6D64.57E70E30

I just received a 2nd email reply from software.com regarding the MS =
mail problem. (they still feel it's MS problem)
I am going to let them know what I've been reading on this site and see =
what his response is to it.
-----Original Message-----
From: Geoffrey L. Scully <info@olynet.com>
To: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>
Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office
=20
Hopefully enough people will respond to voice their opinoins about =
Software.com's apparent lack of interest in what we think. So far =
upgrading to newer versions has not done us any good.=20
"Dave P." wrote:=20

I've just recently come on board as a small ISP this past May. =
I'm using PostOffice v3.1.2 and recently startedexperiencing the same =
problems with customer's mail downloads stalling. I contacted =
Software.com and theyassured me it was an MS problem and that MS was =
fixing it with ver 5.0. One of my customer's said she hadjust recently =
switched from a different ISP to me and never experienced the stalling =
(she's still using MS Outlook Express).when she was with her other ISP. =
Appears to be a PostOffice problem at this point?I had some of my =
customers switch to Netscape Communicator and problem went away. MS =
problem?What gives? Maybe both of them have a problem? Will upgrading =
to a newer version of PO help? =20
-----Original Message-----=20
From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>=20
To: ntisp@iea-software.com <ntisp@iea-software.com>=20
Date: Saturday, March 13, 1999 1:01 PM=20
Subject: RE: [NTISP] Imail vs post-office=20
Understand.. I have installed their "patch" for the "." =
problem.. but that does not solve my problem.. so I believe the problem =
is with Post.Office.. other proof is, that the same customer can go to a =
ISP that is NOT using Post.Office and get the exact same file that he =
could not get from me..

------=_NextPart_000_00D0_01BE6D64.57E70E30

I just received a 2nd email reply =from=20software.com regarding the MS mail problem. (they still feel it's MS=20problem)
I am going to =let them know=20what I've been reading on this site and see what his response is to=20it.
-----Original =Message-----
From:=20 Geoffrey L. Scully <info@olynet.com>
To: =ntisp@iea-software.com =<ntisp@iea-software.com>
=Date:=20 Saturday, March 13, 1999 2:49 PM
Subject: Re: [NTISP] =Imail vs=20 post-office

Hopefully enough people will respond =to=20 voice their opinoins about Software.com's apparent lack of interest =in what=20 we think.  So far upgrading to newer versions has not done us =any good.=20 =20

"Dave P." wrote:=20

 I've=20 just recently come on board as a small ISP this past May. I'm =using=20 PostOffice v3.1.2 and recently startedexperiencing the same problems with customer's mail =downloads=20 stalling.  I contacted Software.com and theyassured me it was an MS problem and that MS was fixing =it with=20 ver 5.0.  One of my customer's said she hadjust recently switched from a different ISP to me and =never=20 experienced the stalling (she's still using MS Outlook=20 Express).when she was with her other =ISP. =20 Appears to be a PostOffice problem at this point?I=20 had some of my customers switch to Netscape Communicator and =problem=20 went away. MS problem?What gives?  =Maybe both=20 of them have a problem?  Will upgrading to a newer version =of PO=20 help? =20 -----Original=20 Message-----
From: Ronnie D. Franklin <ronnie@itexas.net>==20
To: ntisp@iea-software.com=20 <ntisp@iea-software.com>=20
Date: =Saturday, March 13,=20 1999 1:01 PM

 Understand.. I have =installed their=20 "patch" for the "." problem.. but that =does not=20 solve my problem.. so I believe the problem is with =Post.Office..=20 other proof is, that the same customer can go to a ISP that =is NOT=20 using Post.Office and get the exact same file that he could =not get=20 from me..
=------=_NextPart_000_00D0_01BE6D64.57E70E30--