RE: [NTISP] TC Chassis

Fernando M. Kiernan ( (no email) )
Fri, 5 Mar 1999 10:32:42 -0300

Sam:
We are not using 1.2.59 and use E1-R2 not T1 so this couls not help you =
but here we go...

We found that many of the connections troubles come from the settings =
of the trunk line in the switches (we are a local phone company too).
With our first E1 was set up as a standard user, ie: similar to the =
settings were you sell a trunk to a customer and assings a hundred of =
numbers to this trunk to support DDE (direct dialing entry) to the =
customer extensions.
This was the worst thing done in our life, the connections were =
absolutely inestables, the same modem on the same line sometimes =
connected at 14400, sometimes at 26400, sometimes at 33660 sometimes at =
40333....stop here, we could not get any more....
So we changed the config of the trunk to be a "route" in our switches =
and everyting goes smootly form this moment. Some users have some little =
problems with their V90 "compatibles" modem of $30.- but when we tell =
them spend a little more in your modem, expect to pay $80-100 for a good =
one, the problem stops.....

Hope this helps

Fernando M. Kiernan
DILHARD S.A.