Re: [NTISP] nt4 error messages

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:49:22 -0500

From: Mark DeWar <inetmail@fiber-net.com>
>on a nt 4.0 sp3 machine getting the following messages in the event viewer
>log under applications
>
>the library file "infoctrs.dll" specified for the "inetinfo" service could
>not be opened. performance data for this server will not be available.
>status code is DWORD 0
>
>Also the same for ftpctrs2.dll for the msftpsvc service
>
>and w3ctrs.dll for w3svc server
>
>the ftp and web publishing are disable but no inetinfo is listed.
>how to i get rid of them ? what do they mean ?

What version of IIS are you using? Maybe you have a custom filter in IIS4
(if that's what you're using) that's calling to these files and those files
are either in a different location or they don't exist. I'd say open up
regedit and do a search for those filenames and see what comes up. If
something does pop up, you should be able to determine what service is
referencing it (something like w3svc23). Then you can go into IIS manager
and remove the filter (if there even is one).

You might also consider upgrading to SP4--that may fix it, simply by
installing it.

Josh

see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html