Re: [NTISP] IIS4 and Applications

Josh Hillman ( (no email) )
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 11:24:22 -0500

From: isp <isp@mail.exposure.com>>I've been using IIS 4 with Cold Fusion for
a few months now.

>After initial install on a new server unit, and addition of 20 domain
sites, IIS stopped allowing me the ability to use scripts (default
application). As this was a first attempt, I reinstalled many apps and
tried again.

>Now after two months, it happened again:
>
>When I look at the "default web site" properties - Home Directory tab -
there is the "default application" setting configuration includes CF and ASP
tags. This is fine in the default web site.

>But when I add a new site, these settings aren't included and I don't see
how to add them.

Instead of going into the properties for "default website", go into the
properties for the machinename itself. That's where the default properties
are for the entire system--WWW and FTP. If you add the appropriate
applications there, any new "web" added to the machine will adopt those.