RE: [NTISP] Changing upstream...

Matthew Thompson ( matthewt@fairplay.co.uk )
Thu, 3 Dec 1998 14:56:38 -0000

If your IP address range was assigned to you and not your ISP you should
be able to transfer this to the new ISP - theoretically this means no
changes your end barring a small downtime.

This will require your ISPs to work together nicely.

M@t :o)

-----Original Message-----
From: James B. Hrdy [mailto:jhrdy@greensoft.com]
Sent: 03 December 1998 14:55
To: ronnie@itexas.net; ntisp@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [NTISP] Changing upstream...

Be prepared on updating DNS and re IP'ing your network.

If you have prepared your DNS correctly, the transition will be seemless
to the users.

Make sure you update your internic records.

Try to have the new circuit up and running before the switch is made.

> I will shortly be changing my upstream provider..
>
> Since I have never done this before I am looking for suggestions from
> those who have!!
>
> ronnie@itexas.net
>

> For more information about this list, including removal,
> see this url: http://www.iea-software.com/maillist.html

James B. Hrdy
Internet Back Office Billing Sales
email: jhrdy@greensoft.com