Re: [NTISP] list server

Greg Weaver ( greglist@netline.net.au )
Wed, 18 Nov 1998 09:46:04 +1100

At 01:22 pm 17/11/1998 +0100, you wrote:
>I'm going to install a new list server. Up to now, I used NT List (from
>Net Shopper) v3.xx, but I don't want to upgrade to NT List v4 for a number
>of reasons. Even if I will also drop NT Mail v3.xx before or later, I
>would prefer a dedicated list server software instead of Mail+List server
>because generally a dedicated list server is more feature-rich and more
>configurable than a list server bundled with a mail server.
>
>Currently I'm testing Lyris that looks really great, but before moving all
>the lists to the new server, I would like to know if I'm missing something
>important, since I didn't test in the real life any other list server
>except NT List and Lyris.

I'm using DO-LIST, which is free, its an add-on for IMS Mailer. Its pretty
good for free, although you may need a seperate machine to run it on if you
are not running IMS mail.

http://www.povlab.org/dolist/

Greg Weaver

Best Regards,

Greg Weaver
System Administration for Netline Internet Services

NETLINE INTERNET SERVICES - Sydney, Australia. 100% Windows NT
http://www.netline.net.au Mailto:suppport@netline.net.au
Phone: 02-9999 2558 Fax: 02-9999 2668