Re: [RadiusNT] RadCheckOnline - Separate DSN's

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:51:11 -0700

> Sean Herr wrote:
>
> What would you suggest to be the best way to approach this. Can I
> modify the stored proc to use another database? you don't have and
> samples laying around do you?

If the DB is on the same machine, then sure. However, it would
probably be easier to make one a view of another (again, assuming
the same server).

If you are using MS SQL Server, there is no need to use two DSNs
just because you want to split your calls table out. Just
make the calls table a view to the other db:

Create View Calls as
Select * From RadCalls..Calls

and assign permissions. I do this all the time with large Emerald
installs and it works great. You should have to modify the
trigger on the RadCalls..Calls table to modify your original
DB tables though (like ServerPorts and SubAccounts).