RE: [RadiusNT] RadCheckOnline - Separate DSN's

Sean Herr ( Sean@ync.net )
Sun, 10 Oct 1999 15:00:34 -0500

------ =_NextPart_001_01BF135A.211CD1F0

What would you suggest to be the best way to approach this. Can I
modify the stored proc to use another database? you don't have and
samples laying around do you?

-----Original Message-----
From: Dale E. Reed Jr. [mailto:daler@iea-software.com]
Sent: Sunday, October 10, 1999 12:31 PM
To: radiusnt@iea-software.com
Subject: Re: [RadiusNT] RadCheckOnline - Separate DSN's

> Sean Herr wrote:
>
> I am running separate DSN's for Accounting and Users, when I have
> concurrency enabled, it uses the RadCheckOnline in the Users database
> and not the calls, since calls online is in the other database it does
> not find the user online more than once and lets them authenticate.
> Am I doing something wrong here?

No. This is a known problem, since the authentication thread does not
have access to the accounting thread's database connection. You would
need to make a link or proc to make the information available to the
authenticating server.

------ =_NextPart_001_01BF135A.211CD1F0Content-Type: text/htmlContent-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 3.2//EN">RE: [RadiusNT] RadCheckOnline - Separate DSN's

--

Dale E. Reed Jr.      =Emerald and RadiusNT
IEA Software, Inc.    =www.iea-software.com

For more information about this list (including =removal) go to:
http://www.iea-software.com/support/maillists/liststar=t

------ =_NextPart_001_01BF135A.211CD1F0--