Re: [RadiusNT] fixed hours plan

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:46:57 -0700

Emad Hazza wrote:

> Sheryl,
>
> What you said is ture and understood. But if I want to sell a fixed hours plan say from 8am to 6pm, so their is no way to force users on this plan who are still connected at 6pm to log out, they can go on as long as the wish using that session. I thought if radius can force a disconnect when the maxinmum session time is exceeded, it should force a disconnect when the allowed log on time is up which is in this case 6pm. Somebody suggested to telnet the NAS and clear the lines their, but this is not always practical.

As long as your NAS supports Session-Timeout, RadiusNT *WILL*
send the Session-Timeout value of how long they have left
in their current window. IE: If its 5pm when the user logs
in, RadiusNT will send a session-timeout of 3600 (one hour)
to the NAS. Again, as long as your NAS supports Session-Timeout,
then it will work. (For Example, Cisco does NOT support
Session-Timeout for a PPP session).

You can verify/check this by using Radlogin for the user,
since it will show use the Session-Timeout value that
RadiusNT returns.