Re: [RadiusNT] Memory Problems with SQLServer 7.0

Dale E. Reed Jr. ( (no email) )
Thu, 07 Oct 1999 09:43:15 -0700

Charlie Cocuzza wrote:

> Dale,
> I guess I misunderstood the memory usage in SQL 7.0. We limited the memory
> available to use in SQL, and it dropped without appearing to adversly affect
> the operation of Radius or SQL. Thanks for your help.

Its just an upper limit. SQL Server will try to use as much of the
memory as it can, very simliar to how NT will use as much of the
physical memory as it can for caching. Some of the caching that
SQL Server may have been using for caching, might not have been
used that often, therefore, you are not seeing a performance change
in the "often" used stuff.